Online Giving via Paypal
Online giving can be accomplished via PayPal. Just click on the PayPal button above, choose a donation amount, and then complete the setup with PayPal.
Frequently Asked Questions About Online Giving
1. What is PayPal, and how is St. Andrew using it to enable online giving? PayPal allows us to receive gifts and offerings from a button on our website or an email link. It is a low-cost way for us to make it convenient for anyone interested in supporting financially the ministry of St. Andrew.
2. May I use PayPal for recurring donations? While PayPal offers this capability, we have chosen to partner with a less expensive service called Simply Giving®. You may download our signup form here. The completed form can be placed in the offering basket at church or mailed to: 5607 NE Gher Rd. Vancouver, WA 98662.
3. Why did you choose PayPal? It is the most widely-used provider for online giving and we have confidence in its reliability. Our cost is minimal and we do not pay anything unless someone uses it as a way to give. PayPal retains a small percentage of the online gifts as a transaction fee.
4. Do I have to have a PayPal account? No. Look for the button that allows you to choose to use a major credit card (American Express, VISA, etc.) You can use one of them without ever signing up for PayPal.
5. Are you encouraging people to borrow to support the church? No. We are simply making it convenient for people who prefer to give online to do so. We are not asking people to incur debt to make a financial gift.
6. Do I have to be a member of the church to donate? No. We give thanks to God for all who are inspired to support God’s ministry at St. Andrew through online giving.
7. Is my donation tax-deductible? Yes. We are a 501(C)(3) corporation. We provide statements of giving annually.
8. I cannot figure out how to make PayPal work. Please call the church office at 360-892-7160 and we will help you. Or you may email the Web Master at firstname.lastname@example.org.